Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The need for the right environment


Interestingly the above video appeared on my Google+ stream with a comment from a 'friend' which read as - "Perhaps a Steve Jobs in making". The comparison of the legend made me watch it. Interestingly in my current mind set I started to read beneath the surface of the presentation. Let me say this the presentation was purely awesome - Even at this age I haven't wrote an iPhone application for that matter not even used one. On top of it, I will not be able to get on stage and do what he did. Let me not take any thing away from that young man!
What I am interested is the background which has enabled such kids to be produced. Even during his talk he makes it clear that he had inspiration and encouragement! Inspiration from Steve himself and encouragement from his friends, teachers and parents! So even in case of producing prodigies its just not a case of having the talent and skill, there is a need for a conducive environment in which they can thrive.

In our own quest to produce an environment for IT innovation in Jaffna - A set of like minded people have got together and started to set up "Yarl IT Hub"! Keep on reading the blog, will divulge more information and how you could get involved on it!

7 comments:

  1. There you go .. I was expecting a more Applie like announcement ;) .. and holding my back not to write .. he he .. time to spill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time to spill .. I haven't wrote what it is .. just some build up for now...I have already informed all concerned that I am in to this and I have all the blessings now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take care of the english speaking community .. I take care of the tamil and french speaking communities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh.. is this that apple like announcement? anyway good initiative.. keep going guys.. we will give our best.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gowri .. you spied somehow ha ;) .. yeas the same stuff .. its in my viyaala maatram ... soon you and Ananthan will get a call ... I will first write a detail blog .. so you guys can visualise first before having the discussion with me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Gowri Ananthan - Hoping to see you to be part of this soon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete