Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Riots - Coming Colours not good

Today I went in for breakfast and sat in a seat facing the TV screen, the news was about England, it was showing images of hooded youngsters rioting and vandalizing property. Without me realizing I was getting goose bumps. Many thoughts were crossing my mind. Including the jokes my relatives tells me about 83 and that I would have been nipped in the bud if they had missed the 'catch' when thrown from the retaining walls to the ground! Then I imagined myself as a visitor who is at the wrong city at the wrong time. I was seated at a foreign land and was concerned about a possible viral effect and what a a possible scenario a visitor would face. Worst was the next thought I got, what a precedence is this setting to the rest of the world? Every other Tom, Dick and Harry would find this as an excuse and say if this can happen in England why not in some other banana republic.

What I remembered at this point is a colloquial idiom when directly translated says "coming Colors not good" Good Bless this world!

1 comment:

  1. Shit is indeed getting real now. 2012 dude, 2012.

    But, I don't think your relatives were joking mate.

    ReplyDelete