Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

Ten years back on the 11th of September 2001 I can remember being called by my mother to come and watch   the breaking news on TV. I was thinking it was some local news item, but to the utter shock the images shown on TV were from US and the images of the planes crashing into the twin towers. Although at that time I was a teen who had lived in a country where  mass scale man made destruction happened from time to time, the magnitude of this was shocking and for me up to then US was all above this sort of destruction so it took a long time to digest the images I saw. While watching on TV, I could feel the pain of the people who were going through that.

Since then I had watched in surprise how this single event has had a sort of butterfly effect on the world and its equilibrium. The butterfly effects had spread and effected everything and anything and touched and even taken many more lives. Everything and everyone, from Kabul to Karachi, from New York to Nandikkal, from Baghdad to Bombay, from London to Libya has had felt the effects. The economy of world, the power of the world, the world opinion, the word terror and a lot more things has changed drastically in the post 9/11 world. I guess its the single most incident which has had the biggest impact on the world during the last 15 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment