- When you are spending hours on twitter and you are feeling as if you are contributing to the world positively.
- When you are on facebook half your lifetime and thinking that you are using it as an information tool.
- When you had spent more than 4 hours on chat on a day and thinking that you spent only 30 minutes and believe that you had done work for the rest of the 3.5 hours.
- When you cannot resist from reading a chat message as soon as it blinks on the task bar.
- When you go home, the first thing that you do it to take out the computer and switch it on before even having a change and search to see who is online to start a chat!
- When you can play a game and forget both breakfast and lunch
The worst state is to be addicted and live in denial, a better step would be to accept and try to get out of it. Interesting reading material here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_addiction_disorder about this.