Friday, September 9, 2011

Fooling people using Google social search

Sometime back a 'friend' of mine told me that when he searched for MySQL on Google my blog posts appeared in the first page. Poor dude, he had immediately assumed that I was so good at MySQL and hence the posts appear at the top. I was a bit amused, how come on the first page?!

Out of curiosity I searched today to check and this was the result.


Bingo! This happens when you are logged in to gmail. It internally co-relates the public posts done by your friends, public followers on twitter and most importantly your gmail contacts too and starts showing them as part of the search results. Seems as if making public posts have an added advantage to become a fake expert on something :P

reference

No comments:

Post a Comment