Monday, June 27, 2011

Borrowed Knowledge

I am planning to do a training session on presentation skills. I am no expert in this discipline but I would call an ardent student of this subject. I have wrote a few blogs on this topics but still always thought that I need to do some reading from the texts and when I searched amazon books for "presentations" it returned "Showing 1 - 12 of 27,068 Results".

After skimming the reviews I picked the following books, each of which are absolute gems, refreshing, reflecting and makes me criticize the presentations that I had done in the past.

If you want to improve your presentation skill I suggest you read at least one of this,

Presenting to Win: The Art of Telling Your StoryThe Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs: How to Be Insanely Great in Front of Any AudienceOwn the Room: Business Presentations that Persuade, Engage, and Get ResultsConfessions of a Public Speaker (English and English Edition)

So my training session will be mostly on borrowed knowledge and I will try to post my slide deck some here tomorrow.

read my earlier posts on presentations
http://sayys365.blogspot.com/2011/06/tips-for-preparing-for-presentations.html
http://balagowri.blogspot.com/2008/09/dealing-with-inactive-listeners-my.html

No comments:

Post a Comment